Event: Marina Run 2023
Date: 15 July 2023 (Saturday)
Time: 4:30pm (5km Fun Run) / 5:30pm (10km) / 7:30pm (21km Half marathon)
Venue: Marina Barrage
Race Route: Gardens by the Bay South / Bayfront Ave Footpath / Marina Promenade / Kallang Riverside Park / National Stadium / Tanjong Rhu Promenade / Gardens by the Bay East (Race route is not confirmed and subject to change)
The wait for a physical event is finally over and the Marina Run 2023 will probably be one of the first few post-pandemic long distance competitive races to be held in Singapore.
Be amongst the first to rekindle your love for running and join us for the 5km Fun Run, 10km or 21km Half Marathon. The Marina Run feature all of the beauty and grandeur the Marina Bay area has to offer. Your unforgettable journey will take you from the waterfront communities, over the Marina Barrage, past iconic landmarks and through beautiful Gardens. Whether you're an advanced runner or just looking for a scenic jog, The Marina Run promises a great time for participants of all levels of physical fitness.
All finisher of Marina Run 10km and 21km will receive a Newton running singlet, finisher medal and Newton finisher T-shirt. 5km Fun Run participants will each receive an event T-shirt and a finisher medal.
Categories & Fees
5Km Fun Run - Flag Off : 4:30pm
* All runners who complete the 5km fun run will each receive a Marina Run 5km Fun Run 2023 finisher medal.
10km Flag Off : 5:30pm
*All runners who complete the 10km within the cut off time (2.5hours) will each receive a Marina Run 2023 finisher medal and a Newton Finisher T-shirt.
21KM Half Marathon Flag Off : 7:30pm
*All runners who complete the 21km within the cut off time (4hrs) will each receive a Marina Run 2023 finisher medal and a Newton Finisher T-shirt.
5 KM FUN RUN
The 5 km Fun Run is designed to encourage kids, adults and the whole family to participate in a running event. Runners and walkers are given ample time to complete the 5km and everyone is encouraged to come out, have fun.
Bring your husbands, wives, kids, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents and come join in the fun! You’re never too young or old to have a good time! 5km Fun Run participants will each receive an event T-shirt during the race pack collection and a finisher medal on event day. This is a non-competitive race hence participants of this race category will not be issued with timing chips. Parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to accompany any child 7 years and below during the run, failing which, the Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to the participant. The easy 5km (approximate distance) Fun Run will take place within Gardens by the Bay and it is non-competitive, no timing will be given.
10km is a mid-distance race however it still poses a challenge for many recreational runners. Runners participating in the 10km should undergo some form of training prior to entering the race. This race is ideal for recreational runners and runners looking to challenge themselves in their first distance race.
21 Km Half Marathon
Half marathon is considered a long-distance race and appeals to serious runners. Runners participating in the half marathon should have adequate training prior to race day. The running distance also poses mental and physical challenge to those who choose to run the 21km. This is an ideal race for runners looking to improve their current running base. 21km runners are encouraged to equip their running attire with illume sticks, blinker lights, glow in the dark or reflective materials as some parts of the race route can be dark.
Terms and conditions of participation - safety measures
(1) Every healthy and trained runner is entitled to participate who have reached the age of 5 years old for 5km Fun Run and 16 years old for 10km and 21km race categories. Participants take full, personal responsibility for their health standing. Any participant has to be officially registered and has to have the official starting bib for Marina Run in order to start the race. For 21km, Veterans are participants who are 40 years and above for men and women categories respectively on the date of event. There is no age limit imposed except for those who have not reached 5 years of age for 5km Fun Run and 16 years of age for 10km and 21km categories. ALL participants are to ensure that they are fit to run the distance that they have signed up for. There will be no taking over of slots. If such a case occurs, Epic ESR has the sole right to remove, deny and reject the runner who is not the person listed on the running bib.
(2) Organizational measures will be announced to the participants by the organizer prior to the start of the event. Instructions of the organizer and event staff are to be followed without exception. If these instructions are not complied with and this disrupts the orderly progress of the event or jeopardizes the safety of participants or visitors, the organizer is entitled to exclude the person or disqualify the participant in question.
(3) Participants who will be attending the Marina Run event including but not limited to any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), race pack collection and/or any other activities associated before, during or after Marina Run 2023 must adhere to the Singapore government guidelines and regulations for COVID-19. Only Participants without symptoms are allowed to enter the venues or participate in the activities. Participants who feel unwell or be a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case or are COVID-19 positive are strictly not allowed to attend. Participants are required to stay up to date on public health requirements and any other health and safety protocols.
(4) All participants may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or a negative COVID-19 test prior to the Event and Event activities. The Organizer reserves the right to question and seek further clarification regarding Participants’ COVID-19 vaccination and health status.
How to get there?
By MRT Train: MRT Thomson East Coast Line TE22 (Gardens by the Bay)
By Bus: Bus number 400, alight at Marina Barrage.
By Car: There are very limited parking at Marina Barrage. There are alternative parking at Gardens by the Bay and Satay by the Bay @ 18, Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953
By Taxi or Ride hailing service: Inform the driver that to alight you at the Marina Barrage. 8 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018951.
Event Cancellation due to covid-19 pandemic
If it is determined, for reasons outside of the event’s control e.g. covid-19 pandemic and the implementation of a lock-down (circuit breaker), the Marina Run 2023 cannot take place, registered participants will have the following options
Participate in the virtual race and receive the race entitlements (No refund)
< 1 month prior to event date. Request for Refund and of which 75% of the paid race fee will be refunded to you.
> 1 moth prior to event date. Request for Refund and of which 50% of the paid race fee will be refunded to you.
Roll over your race fee to next year’s event (No refund)